JWI is thrilled to announce the launch of our L.A. Network, kicking off this spring, with generous funding from the Jewish Venture Philanthropy Fund.
Do you know any Jewish young professional women in the Los Angeles area? Encourage them to join, or send their contact information to email@example.com - we would love to invite them to our L.A. kickoff event!
We're seeking energetic board members for the L.A. Network!
Donna Maher, JWI's L.A. Network coordinator, is a digital brand strategist who specializes in helping startups and international brands grow. In her free time, she sits on the board of directors of 30 Years After, a non-profit organization that promotes the participation and leadership of Iranian-American Jews in American political, civic and Jewish life. She holds a B.A. in economics with a specialization in international studies from University of California, Irvine and earned an MBA from Tel Aviv University. Donna is passionate about empowering women and teenage girls and is excited to be a part of launching the JWI L.A. network!
More Los Angeles BOARD MEMBERS to be announced!
Apply here to join the L.A. Network board!
- Each board member will serve from April to May of the following year (a full year with one month for transitions) and then has the option to reapply. Board members will be selected by JWI staff.
- Each board member will be responsible for chairing at least two events per year.
- Each board member will be responsible for outreach and should bring at least two people to each event.
- We frequently email to brainstorm, discuss events, organize and discuss outreach, etc. Each board member must be comfortable with maintaining input on these chains as they are the main form of communication.
- Board members are to attend at least 75% of all board events throughout the year.
- We will have a board meeting once every other month - each board member is expected to attend unless there is an extenuating circumstance.
- Each board member will pay a $180 fee in order to be on the YWLN board.
- Each board member must be a member of JWI's YWLN and in good standing for the entirety of her term.