JWI is now seeking energetic new board members for the New York Network!
New York board members
Emily Ashman grew up in Chicago but moved to the east coast for law school. Been practicing as an attorney in a general civil litigation firm for the past five years. Lives in the city with her husband Andrew and loves taking advantage of everything the city has to offer. Emily is very happy and excited to be a part of the YWLN New York Board.
Jessica Bendes is a born and raised New Yorker and graduate of University of Rochester, where she double majored in marketing, human behavior & consumption and language, media & communications. After college she worked at NBCUniversal in audience coordination for "The Meredith Vieira Show," "Late Night with Seth Meyers," "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon" and "Saturday Night Live" while pursuing her passion for marketing with Syfy and USA. She now serves as a partnership marketing coordinator for Bravo & Oxygen.
Erika Berger grew up in Nashville, Tennessee. She attended Washington University in St. Louis where she double-majored in marketing and human resources and minored in modern dance. Upon graduation in 2012, Erika moved to New York, starting her career in television as a NBCUniversal page. Erika is currently a consumer marketing manager at Bravo Media. Erika continues to dance and also enjoys exploring all New York City has to offer.
Hannah Deoul is originally from Baltimore, Maryland, and graduated from Middlebury College in 2014 with a major in German and minor in psychology. While in school, she was the co-host of a radio show, and had the chance to spend a semester abroad in Berlin. Additionally, she was a captain of the women's lacrosse team and member of the field hockey team, and her love of lacrosse took her to Israel last year to start a girls' youth lacrosse program. While coaching and growing the game, she was also a member of the Israeli Women's National Team. Hannah now works as an analyst in the CEO practice at Spencer Stuart, an executive recruiting firm.
Sarah Lewis is the program administrator of the Institute for Clinical and Translational Research at Albert Einstein College of Medicine - Montefiore Medical Center, where her focus is on research facilitation and communications. She also serves on Sigma Delta Tau's National Council, where she is the national advisor to two SDT chapters in New York. Sarah has a master's in health administration from Hofstra University and a B.S. from Tulane University. She is originally from Long Island, NY.
Amanda is honored to serve as president of JWI's Young Wo men's Leadership Network in New York. She is a licensed real estate salesperson with The Katzen Team, one of the top 10-grossing teams at Douglas Elliman. She is also the junior sales associate at Elliman's New Development Project, Madison Square Park Tower. Amanda serves as Fuel for Truth's chair of Events and Alumni Engagement, is on the UJA Generosity Host Committee, co-chairs the Young Professionals Committee for the Children’s Hearing Institute, is a member of AIPAC Young Leadership, participated in the Jewish Leadership Initiative. Amanda hails from the sunshine state and is a graduate of Florida State University, with degrees in hospitality and creative writing.
Sara Wiesenfeld is a native New Yorker and graduate of Brandeis University, where she double-majored in theater & American studies with a minor in journalism. Immediately after graduation, she began her career as an NBC page in New York, where she worked on "The Doctor Oz Show," CNBC as well as audience work at "Saturday Night Live" and "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon." She currently works as a creative marketing coordinator at Oxygen Media, a perfect fit for a pop culture junkie like herself. A self-professed theater nerd, Sara is currently working on memorizing all lyrics to Hamilton.
Apply here to join the New York Network board!
- Each board member will serve from April to May of the following year (a full year with one month for transitions) and then has the option to reapply. Board members will be selected by JWI staff.
- Each board member will be responsible for chairing at least two events per year.
- Each board member will be responsible for outreach and should bring at least two people to each event.
- We frequently email to brainstorm, discuss events, organize and discuss outreach, etc. Each board member must be comfortable with maintaining input on these chains as they are the main form of communication.
- Board members are to attend at least 75% of all board events throughout the year.
- We will have a board meeting once every other month - each board member is expected to attend unless there is an extenuating circumstance.
- Each board member will pay a $180 fee in order to be on the YWLN board.
- Each board member must be a member of JWI's YWLN and in good standing for the entirety of her term.