JWI is currently seeking a database coordinator - a key member of the organizational team responsible for processing all contributions and acknowledgement letters in The Raiser’s Edge and supporting JWI’s chapter members. This position plays a vital role in supporting the development department, and also serves as a back-up for the finance and office manager.
- Manage JWI’s database, including updating and maintaining information on constituents in The Raiser’s Edge; i.e. address changes, phone number changes, name changes.
- Process gifts, pledges and record changes, including entering daily donations from website, credit cards and live checks.
- Print and mail gift acknowledgement letters.
- Send tribute and memorial cards.
- Pull monthly donor reports.
- Run queries, pull data, and create reports as needed.
- Respond to chapter inquiries and requests in a timely manner.
- Mail new chapter member welcome packets.
- Create and run chapter membership and fundraising reports.
- Support chapter fundraising efforts as well as chapter and membership outreach.
- Send fundraising reports to chapters on a quarterly basis.
- Assist with direct mail campaigns.
- Serve as backup to the finance & office manager.
- Coordinate with finance department by sending monthly donation and online giving reports.
- Maintain the renewal of state registrations.
- Additional administrative duties as assigned.
This position reports to the development manager and the vice president of communications, and works collaboratively with the finance & office manager and department staff.
- Minimum 1-3 years in database administration
- Proficient in The Raiser's Edge, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with PayPal, Squarespace, and Constant Contact a plus
- Well organized and attentive to detail
- Good communication skills
- Committed to the mission and work of JWI
(Salary commensurate with experience)
JWI is seeking energetic, hardworking, detail-oriented interns for the following departments:
The development intern works on a variety of fundraising projects and activities, including JWI’s annual Women to Watch gala, the National Library Initiative, Flower Project, and social media planning. This intern also conducts foundation research using the Web and traditional sources and works with the marketing team to help integrate fundraising activities into JWI’s marketing strategy. Ideal candidates must have excellent written and oral communication skills, proficiency with MS Word, and experience with Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote is desirable. Additionally, experience in online research is highly valued. The intern must be able to work independently, committed to progressive women’s issues, and available to come into the office at least two days per week.
The marketing intern will assist with the organization’s marketing and communications efforts as well as its premier publication,JW magazine. Duties include writing and editing for our website and newsletters, drafting press releases, and event promotion and marketing. The intern also will assist with promotion and advertising for the magazine as well as researching story ideas and short writing assignments. Good writing skills are essential. Intern must be available to come into the office at least 2 days a week. Please include writing samples with resume and cover letter.
The magazine intern assists with JW magazine. Published online and once per year in print, JW offers women resources, insights and tips for everyday Jewish living and attracts readership and interest among a broad audience. Duties will include writing, research, editing, and proofreading for a variety of articles and short features. Interns will receive frequent writing assignments and also have an opportunity to propose their own stories and do original research. This internship is ideal for a journalism student. Good writing skills are essential. Please include writing samples with resume and cover letter.
Jewish Women International is an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, color, national origin, disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.