- 2 lb (1 kg) brussels sprouts
- 4 small scallions, white and pale green parts only
- 1⁄3 cup (3 fl oz/80 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme or leaves from 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Use a very sharp knife to trim off the base of each brussels sprout. Cut each sprout in half lengthwise, then cut each half crosswise into extremely thin slices, almost like shavings. Place in a rectangular baking dish.
- Slice the scallions as thinly as possible, add to the brussels sprouts, and toss to mix. Drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with the thyme, 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, and 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper. Toss well and spread out in an even layer.
- Roast until crisp and golden, 30–40 minutes. The sprouts are best served straight from the oven.