Join JWI's New York Young Women's Leadership Network and author Ann Shoket, the trailblazing former editor-in-chief of Seventeen and CosmoGIRL magazines (and one of Forbes' “Most Powerful U.S. Fashion Magazine Editors”). Ann will talk about her new book, The Big Life, which helps women tap into their ambition, honor their dreams, and create their own version of The Big Life.
The Big Life is packed with actionable guidance combined with personal advice from high-profile millennial women who have already achieved tremendous success, plus intimate conversations with a cast of compelling characters and Shoket’s own stories on her quest for The Big Life. You’ll learn to tackle all of the issues on heavy rotation in your mind, such as:
- How to craft a career that’s also a passion.
- How to get respect from a boss who thinks you’re a lazy, entitled, and self-obsessed millennial
- Why you need a “squad” of people who support you as you build your Big Life
- How a side hustle will make you smarter, hotter, and more in control of your destiny.
- Why work/life balance is a sham and your need to embrace the mess.
- How to find a partner whose eyes light up when you talk about your ambition.
Light appetizers and drinks will be served. Ann will be signing books, which will be available for purchase at the event.
$12 for members / $18 for non-members