JWI’s Young Women’s Leadership Network is organizing its second annual Young Women’s Advocacy Day! On the morning of Monday, April 16th, young women will converge on Capitol Hill to meet with legislators from both sides of the aisle. The goal of this day is to empower young women to speak out about issues affecting women and girls.
We will be advocating for the reauthorization of a robust Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) that includes tangible improvement for victims. The meetings will focus on policies to end sexual violence/domestic abuse, end workplace harassment, and close a loophole in federal law that allows individuals convicted of dating violence and stalking to buy and possess guns.
This event is free, but you must register by April 11th to attend.
First time on the Hill? Have no fear: Join us for a Pre-Advocacy Day Training on April 11th!
- Senator Alexander (R-TN)
- Senator Blumenthal (D-CT)
- Senator Booker (D-NJ)
- Senator Flake (R-AZ)
- Senator Hirono (D-HI)
- Senator Markey (D-MA)
- Senator Murphy (D-CT)
- Senator Paul (R-KY)
- Senator Shaheen (D-NH)
- Senator Portman (R-OH)
- Congressman Bishop (GA-2)
- Congressman Deutch (FL-22)
- Congresswoman DeLauro (CT-3)
- Congresswoman Demings (FL-10)
- Congressman Diaz-Balart (FL-25)
- Congresswoman Frankel (FL-21)
- Congressman Griffith (VA-9)
- Congresswoman Jayapal (WA-7)
- Congresswoman Lofgren (CA-19)
- Congressman Nadler (NY-10)
- Congresswoman Eleanor Holmes Norton (DC)
- Congressman Raskin (MD-8)
- Congresswoman Roby (AL-02)
- Congresswoman Schakowsky (IL-9)